Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Funday

Whew! We made it through the rest of the week and now our weekend has come and gone.  I hope some of you have tried my new recipes that I posted this week.  

Today we went to Springfield and got Brett measured for his tux for my brother's wedding in April.  While we were at the mall today we had a couple of things happen:
  1. Parker peed on Brett in the back of the car while he was changing him.  Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for me to open the door when I did ....  whoops!  For those of you that have boys, you know what cold air does to their little tushies.  
  2. Brett and I broke down and had a cookie from the Cookie Factory. (shame on us!)
  3. Parker took his first ride on the Merry-Go-Round and he loved it!  
  4. I also found an awesome deal on pajama's from The Children's Place. The PJ's were already marked down from $10.50 each to $7.99 and then you got an additional 50% off of the price marked down.  This made them $3.99 each.  I also had a 15% off coupon.  I was able to buy 4 pairs of PJ's and a super cute winter hat for $18.06 (this included tax) Two of the PJ's I bought big enough for next year because they were Christmas!  
Next in our trip we went to Sam's Club, which I have a few secrets to tell you about. If any of you have some better tips for me I will gladly take them!  
  • I have found milk is usually cheaper.  Today I paid $1.90 per gallon.  I normally go ahead and buy two and I choose the furthest expiration dates out.  
  • PRODUCE, PRODUCE, PRODUCE!!!  We got  3 lbs. Bananas, 3lbs. Broccoli, 6 Peppers, 6 heads Romaine Lettuce, 6 Tomato's, 8lbs. Oranges, 12oz Blackberries, and 12 Kiwi.  If you eat a lot of broccoli you can get 3lbs of fresh broccoli for $2.94.  I also have an E-Value card and I was able to get $1.00 off of an 8lb bag of Navel Oranges costing me $6.88.  
  • Also, with my E-Values card I was able to get $2.50 off of the Healthy Heart Lunch Meat.
  • Always stock up on baby food here, unless you have coupons that can beat 62 cents a jar from your normal grocery store. Parker is now on level 3 food which without a coupon at Wal-Mart the other day I paid 68 cents per jar.  
  • Parker just started eating the Gerber Yogurt Blends and at Wal-Mart without a coupon last week I paid $2.88 for 1 pack of 4 yogurts.  Today at Sam's I was able to purchase 3 of the same packs for $2.32 each.  I am actually saving a $1.65!!! 
  • WE NEVER BUY FORMULA ANYWHERE ELSE!  You can buy 3lbs of the Members Mark Premium Lipil, which our pediatrician says is just as good and is comparible to the Enfamil Premium Lipl for about a $10.00 savings!  
  • Gerber Puffs, anyone else think these are great?  This week Wal-Mart has them on rollback for $1.98 each.  I was able to buy a 6 pack at Sam's for $1.71 each.  I saved over $1.62!!!  
 YOU STILL NEED TO WATCH WHAT YOU PURCHASE AT SAM'S.  SOME ITEMS MAY APPEAR TO BE A BETTER DEAL THAN THEY ARE.  ALWAYS SHOP AROUND AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO PASS WHAT YOU THINK IS A DEAL.  YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK!  


Parker's First Merry-Go-Round Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment